APRIL 9 - 29, 2018
- Accepted age for all classes is the competitor's age as of December 31, 2017.
- Registration for the 2018 Main Festival will open December 1, 2017.
The Main Festival format:
Participants are scheduled according to the class or classes they register in. Each class will take the form of a recital. Once all the participants have performed the adjudicator will speak to the participants and give them constructive written and verbal feedback regarding their performance. All participants will receive a certificate of participation as well as a mark for their performance. Placement stickers will indicate 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each class. In the case of large classes (14 or more participants) the class will be divided into more than one section and there will be placements in each section but there will be only one overall winner of that class.
- Participants are responsible for their own accompanists.
- No photography or video recording is allowed during any Festival classes or adjudications.
Admission to all Classes: please see the Ticket page for full details.
The Main Festival welcomes solo and ensemble performers in the following disciplines:
- Junior, Intermediate, Senior and Open classes
- Duets and Ensembles
- Age and Grade level classes
- Guitar Ensemble class
- Please refer to the Guitar Syllabus for information regarding classes and requirements.
- Junior for RCM Grades 1 to 6
- Intermediate for RCM Grades 7 to 9
- Senior for RCM Grades 10, ARCT and Open
- Concerto classes
- Duet and Ensemble classes
NOTE: New RCM April exam time. Participation in our festival will be beneficial for any student taking an April RCM piano exam.
Please refer to the Piano Syllabus for information regarding classes and requirements.
- Junior for ages 12 and under
- Intermediate for ages 18 and under
- Senior Open classes
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass
- String Duets and Chamber Ensembles
- Please refer to the Strings Syllabus for information regarding classes and requirements.
VOICE / MUSIC THEATRE
- Junior Classical Voice for ages 14 and under
- Intermediate Classical Voice for ages 18 and under
- Senior Classical voice Open classes
- Musical Theatre and Vocal Ensemble for all age categories
- Please refer to the Vocal Syllabus for information regarding classes and requirements.
WOODWINDS / BRASS
- Woodwind classes arranged by Age, Grade of study or Years of study.
- Woodwind and Brass Ensembles
- Brass classes arranged by Age
- Please refer to the Brass/Woodwinds Syllabus for information regarding classes and requirements.
CHINESE ETHNIC INSTRUMENTS - not being offered in 2018
- Grades 1 to 10 and Adult Open classes
- Bowed and Plucked String Instruments
- Wind Instruments
- Small Ensembles