April 24 to 27, 2018
I always enjoy my time at the Vancouver Kiwanis Music Festival. Your event is fun, spirited, well-organized and very friendly. I thoroughly enjoy the healthy mix of orchestras and bands, as well as the opportunity to work with groups from both Canada and the US. You should be proud of what you and your team have created and nurtured over the years. It's a fine festival and I'm proud to be counted among the panel of talented clinicians. - Colin Clarke, adjudicator
Our Festival format:
- Each band or orchestra warms up for 30 minutes; performs for 20 minutes; then returns to their warm up room for a clinic with one of the adjudicators. Clinics are 30 minutes for elementary groups and 45 minutes for secondary and community groups.
- Optional: groups may receive a rating of Gold, Silver or Bronze standing by request.
- Digital files of each group’s performance are provided, along with verbal and written adjudications. (Note: due to a funding shortfall for 2017 digital files may not be offered)
Cost per group:
- $350.00 Elementary groups ($350 plus $6 administration fee)
- $375.00 Secondary and Community groups ($375 plus $6 administration fee)
- $425.00 for large ensembles of 80 or more ($425 plus $6 administration fee)
Each group performs three selections that fit within the 20 minute time limit. To include all on/off stage movement. Any repertoire is permitted and you are not required to submit your choices in advance.
Audience admission: Parents and the public are encouraged to attend this festival. • $5 donation at the door
MusicFest Canada Affiliate: The adjudicators will issue "Official Invitations to Perform" to exceptional concert bands and orchestras whose performance meet or exceed the criteria established by MusicFest Canada. The Invitation will be valid for two consecutive MusicFest Canada Festivals. Please review MusicFest Canada guidelines for repertoire requirements and the rules and regulations of that festival. NOTE: one Canadian selection is now required.